Monday, January 23, 2012

Guacamole Salsa Verde

Got this recipe from a friend off Pinterest (on a side note, I'm waiting for my Pinterest invite, so look me up in a few days and I'll start pinning recipes that I would like to try).

The Guaca-Salsa Verde is originally from another blog called Frosted Bake Shop, but don't let the name fool You. The writer, Erin, really knows her Tex-Mex!

The Concept:
Guacamole and salsa verde on a one dip chip.

The Ingredients:
1 lb. tomatillos
1 jalapeno pepper
1/3 bunch cilantro
1 thick slice of onion
1 garlic clove
1 avocado
1 tsp. salt

The Process:
Cut it. Blend it. Dip it. Quick and easy.

WIdTOTs:
  1. The Kicker - Erin's Guaca-Salsa Verde is VERY good and the technique is simple and straightforward.
  2. Some CadeMade changes that I think would be interesting:
  • Substitute half the tomatillos for diced tomatoes - But only add the tomatoes at the end after You've blended everything else. This will give the salsa a little red color and a nice texture.
  • Substitute all the tomatillos for diced tomatoes - Mรกs conocido como Guaca-salsa Tradicional (That's Spanish for "better known as Traditional Guaca-Salsa.")
  • Add 3 more avocados to get Salsa-Guac - Thicker and creamier. Chill it and serve it.

The Finished Product:
Tangy. Creamy. Delicioso.

Hurry, Your chip is salivating!

-Cade

1 comment:

  1. Hola! Tu bano es muy guapo senor! I would highly recommend adding more jalapenos, the tomatillo/avocado combination really cools the dip down. I guess I should mention I have a bit of spicy tooth (can you have a spicy tooth? Well, I do regardless).

    - Ben

    ReplyDelete