Monday, January 16, 2012

First Post - Welcome!

There's no way to get past the first post jitters so let's just get to it.

Welcome to CadeMade!

I'm Cade and I'll be your host.

This blog is about cooking. I'll post recipes, tips, and techniques that I find interesting and leave it up to You to comment. My perspective (ie: what makes me different): I just like to cook. I wasn't trained at a culinary school and I'm not a professional chef. Cooking relaxes me after a long day staring at a computer screen and it's just fun hearing your guests "Mmmm!" uncontrollably. My kitchen isn't amazing, but I've got a decent amount of stuff to get by with, and a great local grocery store for fresh (low cost) ingredients.

You're going to see recipes that I've made and see some WIdTOTs "Wish-I'd-Thought-Of-ThatS." Some of the stuff will be pretty, but I like to have my cake AND eat it too. That means I'm mostly going for flavors. Still, I believe that if it looks good, it'll taste better.

NOTE: I haven't had a chance to build up books of recipes yet, so most of my recipes are going to come from the internet or from my family. Food Network is a website of choice since I can trust the recipes (for the most part). Also, they post a LOT of videos with neat tips and tricks. I read their magazine avidly and (let's face it) they're pretty much the ESPN of food. Downside: since I haven't ever tried some of these recipes before I make them, it could turn out delectable or wind up a hot mess. Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know one way or the other.

Well, that pretty much covers the gist. I'm sure things will pop up as We go along, so hang on to your hat and let's see where My stomach takes Us.

Live it and Love it!
-Cade

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your culinary chronicles!

    ReplyDelete